SPECIAL COVID RELIEF OFFER => Special.CGElves.com

Marvelous Designer export quads

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
b5854d126693da8d8d457cc6bc816c18?s=80&d=monsterid&r=g -
(@A dog\'s life)
Topic starter  

I want to export my clothes from Marvelous Designer in quads. My clothing mesh is in tris. How to make the MD clothing into quads before exporting from Marvelous Designer? Is there an export option which turns tris into quads?

f89dac93ac665ff1ddd8d1bde43fda35?s=80&d=monsterid&r=g -
(@Nargool)

You can't convert Marvelous Designer cloth to quads. 

ReplyQuote
Camille Kleinman
(@camille-kleinman)
Marvelous Designer Expert

@Nargool well, maybe if you have a very old version of MD.

In MD5, 6, 7 and above, you can convert all clothes meshes from tris to quads and export the Marvelous Designer quad mesh.

By default, Marvelous Designer clothes have a tri mesh. To convert tris to quads,  select all the garments or clothing parts in your scene which you wish to convert (CTRL+a to select all), then right-click on any one of the selected clothing patterns and select "Quadrangulate" from the right-click menu.

A progress bar will appear (the lower your particle distance, the longer it will take for your Marvelous Designer tri mesh to convert to quads. If your PD is VERY low, it might even crash the program).
Once it's done, you'll see your mesh change from tris to quads (to see the mesh, turn on the mesh view mode).

To view the Marvelous Designer quad mesh, click the mesh icon here:

TerminatorX reacted
ReplyQuote
TerminatorX
(@terminatorx)
3D Artist

@camille-kleinman cool, I didn't know that! And how do you export the quad mesh? Just by regular OBJ export or do you have to set something in the export settings?

ReplyQuote
Camille Kleinman
(@camille-kleinman)
Marvelous Designer Expert

If you export the clothes after converting them to quads, they'll export as a quad mesh from Marvelous Designer.

ReplyQuote
ca30bef198036375fbb2578ebba82645?s=80&d=monsterid&r=g -
 jeff
(@jeff)

How do you export a higher-res or as high a resolution mesh as possible?  When I export I am getting a fairly low-poly mesh that doesn't have the smoothness of the folds that you see when inside MD.  I have tried exporting both tris and quads.  Either way the mesh is not very smooth or nearly as appealing.  Any notes here would be greatly appreciated.  

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:
Forum for Marvelous Designers
Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top